Newest Post

// Posted by :Unknown // On :Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hello everyone! I just came back from a looong trip to Britain! Sorry for not informing you, and not posting for ages *-* Well, here is my review of an old anime which I only recently watched- Itazura na Kiss! (Playful Kiss in english)

Itazura an Kiss is based on a manga published by Shueisha in 1990-1999. The anime aired during 2008 and was created by the Studio, TMS Entertainment. There is also a drama, but I won't be reviewing that. Or the manga...

So, Itazura an Kiss is a romance anime which I had heard a lot about even years ago when I had just started getting into anime.  It's a romance about a highschool girl named Kotoko who falls in love with the popular, smart and "handsome" Irie. However he rejects her, and she decides to give up on him. Later that day Kotoko in her house with her father and her friends, but because of an earthquake, the house collapses and Kotoko and her dad need to find a new place to stay. Luckily for them, her father had a friend who took them in, but OH SHOCKER! It's Irie's family. So Kotoko now has to live together with the guy who rejected her...

So, I've known about this anime for a long time now, and I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I had high expectations going into the show, but now that I've seen it, I gotta ask: why? Why is this anime so loved? So popular and praised by the anime romance fans?

The animation is mediocre for it's time. Maybe even worse quality than others. Toradora also came out in 2008, and the graphics in that anime seem so much better! The music was nothing special, but rather, it was average. The setting was very generic, the story was predictable, the characters were  nothing I haven't seen before. Honestly, I don't understand why Naoki was supposed to be so attractive. He is a real jerk unless you're stupid enough to stick around for long enough for him to open up a little bit. Honestly, I don't find his face attractive at all, and why does a high schooler have gray hair!? 

The story progressed waaaay too fast. By episode 15, they were already married! You get more of an impact when the characters who have been falling in love for an amount of episodes finally get together! Rather than it happening early on in the series. Unless there's gonna be tons of drama within the relationship like in Bokura ga Ita, but we didn't get that in this anime either. There was no buildup which lead to there being absolutely no impact other than "WTF this escalated way too quickly!"

If there's one thing I will give this anime, then it's how amazing the opening is. It's the nr. 1 reason why I started watching it in the first place, and I still find myself listening to it from time to time while doing homework or something.

Opening: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4a59xkalRsw

3/10

Sooo... This review may have taken a bit longer than usual... And I might've written the beginning of it a month ago or so... The truth is that my parents have put a password on the PC because I was a bit too much in the basement doing nothing... So I've written this whole review on an iPad, and I don't write nearly as fast on this thing. Also, I kinda got a bit lazy... I have no excuse! DX sorry! T^T
So I'm gonna see if I can buy one of those keyboards for iPads so I can write faster. I'll try to get another review up next week too, so until then! See Ya! (^-^)/

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

// Copyright © NipponFun //Anime-Note//Powered by Blogger // Designed by Johanes Djogan //