Newest Post

// Posted by :Unknown // On :Friday, January 2, 2015


Hey, everyone!... It's been ages... O.O Sorz... 
So, this is my third time doing this Top 10 thing, and this year will be better, I promise.
The first year I did them, I obviously had no idea what I was doing. The second year I tried, I was a lazy bum and did something soooo pointless. So this year, I'm gonna be doing them better, and I will also have THREE Top Ten's this year to make up for my laziness the past year...

The first one I'm doing is "Top 10 Female Characters of 2014". Of course, as I have not seen everything, I may be overlooking someone you really like, but if that happens, please tell me who they are and where they're from in the comments, OK? ^-^

I will be choosing characters depending on things like character design, creativity and personality. I will not be including more than one character from each anime in this list.

Also, if I mention a character from a longrunning anime like One Piece, that will be because this character was particularly outstanding this past year.

So, without any further ado, let's start!

NUMBER 10- Yokoi Rumi from Tonari no Seki-kun

Even though we only got a few episodes that were less than 10 minutes, she left a big impression on me. 
Her character design is cute, and really fits the special artstyle of this anime.
Her reactions to Seki's time killing are exceptional! At first, she seems annoyed by him and wants him to stop and listen to the teacher, but after a while, she always gets very interested in his little games.









NUMBER 9- Wendy Marvell from Fairy Tail



Now, this one may come as a surprise to many...including me...
Wendy has never been one of my favorites from Fairy Tail, but if you read the manga, you will know that she has grown A LOT during this last arc.
The current arc is my favorite so far, and Wendy was good at contributing to that. I don't want to spoil anything for anime wacthers only, but just know that she's grown extremely as a person during the last year.




NUMBER 8- Kirisaki Chitoge from Nisekoi
Despite being a tsundere (a.k.a. the most overused archetype in anime), I grew to like this blondie.
Her character design is the typical popular pretty girl, which I don't find very interesting. Other than that, she has a very characteristic red ribbon in her hair, and pink edges on her hair. Her design goes well with the animation style, and the pink edges on her hair fit perfectly in with the colors and sparkles.
I think the thing I liked the most about Kirisaki was actually the way the animators portrayed her. In some scenes, they really made her cuteness obvious without it being obvious that they were trying to do this.







NUMBER 7- Kiyoko Shimizu from Haikyuu



Despite the lack of screen time she got, she left a big impression on me in just one scene. If you've seen this anime, you should know what I'm talking about.
I fell completely in love with her character design, because she was such a different pretty than what I'm used to seeing in anime. Usually the pretty girl has long hair in some unnatural color and gigantic eyes (like Chitoge), but Shimizu displayed a different kind of moe.
Her personality seems kinda rough at the start. She just seems unsociable, and silent, but we learn later that she is just very shy.
Her rough look + her shyness= moe level over 9000!!! 







NUMBER 6- Sakura Chiyo from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Gekkan Shoujo Nazaki-kun was one of my favorite animes this year, and for good reason. It also managed to land as one of my favorite comedies ever because of the exceptional characters.
Her design is very cute, and this especially shines when you get to see what the other female protagonists look like. She's petite with big shining eyes and she has many characteristic traits like her hair color, the red ribbons and her purple eyes.
Her personality is also very cute, as she is very much in love with Nozaki, and always has the cutest reactions to whatever he does. Even when he does something really ridiculous, and she just has a "WTF" look on her face. 
She's basically the straight man (If you don't understand what that means, google it. It's a type of comedy)
NUMBER5-Takane Enomoto from Mekaku City Actors
The concept of her at all just being a computer program was appealing to me from the start.
Her personality was kinda quirky. She's energetic and always wants her "master" to do something more than just louse around on the computer all day.
Her design is inspired by Hatsune Miku, which you can tell, but it's still pretty different, and I really like what they did to her. It really suits the artistic style the animation studio was going for as well.
As the story progresses, we learn more about her and why she is the way she is. I don't want to spoil anything in case you haven't seen this anime yet, but just know that in the end, everything makes sense...Well, at least about her...






NUMBER 4- Haruno Sakura from Naruto Shippuden
Sakura is a character who gets hated on a lot for being "useless", but honestly, ever since Shippuden started, we got to see her grow a lot as a character. Without a boy to be chasing and looking good for, she got to show her true self.
Her design is a lot prettier than before, not to mention the adult version. She just becomes prettier and prettier. 
This last year she got to show her development to the boy of her dreams as well. She became very reliable, and was a huge help during the war as both a medic and a fighter.











NUMBER 3- Kaga Kouko from Golden Time
Her design reminds me of what is usually a foreigner in anime, but she is completely Japanese. She has an"ideal woman" look with long hair, big eyes and a nice body.
Her style is always astounding, and is a big part of her personality which isn't something they tell you, but something you figure out yourself.
Her personality is sassy and confident, but she's like a stalker when it comes to her crush. Kouko has a very understandable thinking which makes her realateable. at least to people in similar situations.









NUMBER 2- Kaori Miyazono from Your lie in April
Her character design is beautiful, and honestly one of the prettiest I've seen. I started reading the manga before I saw anything of the anime, and I just love what they did to her in the adaption. I think her look is very pretty as well as fitting for her age.
Her personality drew me towards her, cause she has a talent for playing the violin, but she uses it in a very expressive way, showing her love for the violin.
Kaori sometimes has a tsunderelike behavior, but that is easily overshadowed by her usual perkiness and cheery character.
She also has a habit of saying quotes from among others, Charlie Brown.



NUMBER 1. Harime Nui from Kill la Kill
Her design is extremely cute and this fits both her personality and the artstyle a lot. Her one eye gets explained later in the story, which I like, as we get to see how things are connected.
Her personality is as cute as her looks until you make her your enemy. She's kinda like a yandere, but here violent side is much more obvious. 
She really makes you wonder if you like her or not sometimes, but I always liked her as a villain, as she is very different from the usual "bad guy". 
The only thing I don't like about her is the way she went. I'll try not to spoil too much for people who haven't seen it, but I found it very boring and anticlimactic. Even if it did show the power of the main villain, it was boring to end her off like that, and I hope she'll be back in a second season (if there will be one).








So that's it for now, folks!
There will be a new one up soon and another one after that, so look forward to that! (≧ω≦)

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

// Copyright © NipponFun //Anime-Note//Powered by Blogger // Designed by Johanes Djogan //